Now, I know what you’re thinking: “Native advertising? That sounds like some fancy new-fangled way to say ‘ad.'” Native advertising is a more than just an ‘ad’. It’s a fantastic way to reach your target audience in a way that’s both informative and engaging.
By utilising native advertising, you can make your ads more attractive, more informative, and harder to recognise as paid-for content.
What is Native Advertising?
In a nutshell, it’s a type of advertising that blends in with the surrounding content. It might look like a news article, a social media post, or even a video. But it’s still an ad.
The key to native advertising is that it’s not disruptive. This sort of integrated advertising does not interrupt the user experience. Instead, it enhances it.
How does Native Advertising work?
Let’s say you’re reading a blog post about the best new restaurants in town. There doesn’t seem to be any adverts visible because nothing is flying in or distracting you. But it’s there! Hiding in plain sight, the ad could be a short description of the restaurant, a photo of the food, and a link to the restaurant’s website. It’s not evasive and blends itself naturally into the web page, which will encourage higher levels of engagement.
This type of ad is much more likely to be clicked on than a traditional banner ad for instance. That’s because in context promotion relevant to the content that the user is already consuming.
Native advertising is also more effective at building brand awareness. When users see your brand in a native ad, they’re more likely to remember it and associate it with positive experiences.
How do I create effective native adverts?
- Make sure your ads are relevant to the content that they’re appearing next to. This is the most important tip. If your ads aren’t relevant, users may ignore it.
- Keep your ads short and to the point.
- Use clear and concise language. Avoid using jargon or technical terms that your target audience might not understand.
- Make sure your ads are visually appealing. People are more likely to pay attention to ads that look attractive.
- Include a call to action. Tell users what you want them to do. Do you want them to visit your website? Sign up for your newsletter? Make a purchase?
If you’re looking for a way to reach your target audience, engage with them, and improve your brand awareness, then native advertising is a great option.
Here at Shakespeare Media, we can help you organise and procure native advertising at no cost to you, meaning you can assign all your campaign spend to the ads themselves. Yes, really!
Get in touch with us today to see how we can support you:
Telephone: 01789 720505
Email: [email protected]